What is a "Visa for Medical Stay"?
"Visa for Medical Stay" is a visa issued to foreign patients wishing to visit Japan for medical purposes (including full medical check-ups). The visa is issued to their accompanying person(s) as well if necessary.
1Scope of Medical Services
Applicable medical services include not only medical treatment at a medical institution, but a variety of services ranging from full medical check-ups and medical examinations to recuperation such as hot springs recuperation.
Multiple visas may be issued to foreign patients, if necessary and as needed.
Not only family members but also non-family members of foreign patients are permitted to accompany them, if necessary and as needed.
4Period of Validity
3 years, if necessary and as needed.
5Period of Stay
90 days, 6 months, 1 year. The period of stay is determined based on the clinical condition of foreign patients and other factors.
Nankai International Travel is a registered guarantor (Travel agency). The registration number is [NO.A-004].
Overview of the Visa Application Process
1. Contact us
1. We are a Registered Guarantor of Medical Visa. Please contact us directly and we will make arrangements with hospitals in Japan.
2. Select a Medical Institution
2. After selecting the most appropriate medical institution with us, you will be able to obtain a Certificate from the medical institution about the planned medical services as well as a Medical Treatment Plan (if necessary) in order to prepare for the visa application.
3. Visa Application
3-1.Materials to be prepared by the patient [himself/herself and accompanying persons].
- ①Certificate from the medical institution about the Planned Medical Services as well as a Medical Treatment Plan (original)
- ②Please sign on the consent form (we will send you the original in PDF format)
- ③Copy of the passport page with photo
- ④Certificate of employment
- ⑤Proof of Assets (bank account balances, etc.)
3-2. The above ①must be sent to us in original document，however, for ②③④⑤, you can send us by email (the original documents are not necessary).
3-3. We will send you an invoice for the fee of identity guarantee and visa application.
3-4. Confirmation of the payment of visa application fee
3-5. Application materials will be prepared and sent to the applicant.
3-6. Once you receive all the visa documents, please check with the embassy/consulate of Japan in your country and submit the visa application.
4. Obtain The Visa for Medical Stay
4-1. After obtaining the Visa, please come to Japan and receive your medical treatment.
4-2. After returning to your home country, we need a photo of your boarding pass of the return flight in order to submit a departure report to the Japan Tourism Agency. Please ensure that you inform our person in charge at Nankai Travel International.